Water Treatment and Distribution System Operations
This part-time online certificate program provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to work in the water treatment operations industry, an industry which plays a critical role in protecting public health and the natural environment through the responsible treatment of drinking water. To enter the operating profession, individuals must become certified. Graduates of this program will have sufficient knowledge to write various level certification examinations. Courses within this program may also be of interest to water operators who are seeking director-approved continuing education units (CEUS) that are recognized by the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office (OWWCO).
Note: learners interested in obtaining Class 1 certification must complete the Entry-Level Course (ELC) for Drinking Water Operators which is a mandatory course, developed by the Ministry of?Environment, Conservation and Parks, for all drinking water operators. The ELC course is not included in this certificate program but can be completed via the Walkerton Clean Water Centre (https://wcwc.ca/).
Learners must complete six compulsory courses listed below
- OEL868 Applied Mathematics for Water and Wastewater Operations
- OEL859 Drinking Water Operator-in-Training Certification Preparation
- OEL861 Water Treatment Certification Level I and II
- OEL869 Applied Hydraulics for Water and Wastewater Operations
- OEL870 Water Distribution Certification Level I & II
- OEL866 Water Treatment Certification Level III & IV
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.