Metal Fabrication Technician
(4051) 2 Years - 4 Semesters Ontario College Diploma
Where You'll Work
As a successful graduate of our Metal Fabrication program, you may find work in a wide range of exciting places of employment across the globe or close-to-home.
Small and large construction and manufacturing industries continually seek out metal fabricators (welder-fitters) to join their teams.
After you have successfully learned with us, you will be able to:
- perform a large number of welding processes and metal-cutting techniques safely, including stick/shielded metal arc welding, mig/gas-metal arc welding, and tig/gas-tungsten arc welding, among others;
- interpret and develop drawings, field sketches, project plans, and bills of materials for welding projects following codes and specifications;
- understand and use a variety of methods to test welds;
- apply knowledge of various welding and metal cutting techniques and theories to produce components and sub-assemblies;
- create and use patterns and templates using layout and measuring tools and techniques; and
- prepare materials by using cutting-edge computer numerically-controlled (CNC) equipment.
Once you have successfully completed your studies, you may have the opportunity to test on-site with the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) for your welding performance qualifications/certified ticket at an additional cost to you.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.