Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
(3022) 2 Years - 4 Semesters Ontario College Diploma
With this program, you`ll help others develop skills and perform exercises that will both help strengthen and encourage your clients as they recover from an injury or accident or overcome a challenge.
As a student in the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Diploma program, you will gain hands on experience to help prepare you to work in both fields of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist and/or a Physiotherapist. In addition you will:
- Learn to assist individuals regain or maintain independent function and mobility
- Participate in introductory fieldwork activities beginning in the first semester and gain valuable training from experienced clinicians in the workplace
- Experience student centred learning in active classrooms and small labs with individualized attention
- Have the opportunity to transfer to other Universities to pursue a degree
The OTA & PTA Program at Sault College has been accredited by the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program (OTA & PTA EAP) in collaboration with Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada (PEAC) and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT). The status of Accreditation was granted to the program on November 30, 2016 for the period until November 30, 2022.
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program
- c/o Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada
- Suite 26, 509 Commissioners Road West
- London, Ontario N6J 1Y5
- (226) 636-0632
Program Mission Statement:
- The Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Program at Sault College is committed to empowering students to become self-directed lifelong learners in the fields of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy. Graduates of the program, as entry-level workers, shall have the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are necessary to perform the duties of an Occupational Therapist Assistant and a Physiotherapist Assistant. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will receive an Ontario College Diploma.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.