Computer Programmer Analyst
(2091) 3 Years - 6 Semesters Ontario College Advanced Diploma
A graduate of the Computer Programmer Analyst Program at Sault College will reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- identify, analyze, design, develop, implement, verify and document the requirements for a computing environment.
- diagnose, troubleshoot, document and monitor technical problems using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- analyze, design, implement and maintain secure computing environments.
- analyze, develop and maintain robust computing system solutions through validation testing and industry best practices.
- communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure effective working relationships.
- select and apply strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- apply project management principles and tools when responding to requirements and monitoring projects within a computing environment.
- adhere to ethical, social media, legal, regulatory and economic requirements and/or principles in the development and management of the computing solutions and systems.
- investigate emerging trends to respond to technical challenges.
- gather, analyze and define software system specifications based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- design, develop, document, implement, maintain and test software systems by using industry standard software development methodologies based on defined specifications and existing technologies/frameworks.
- select and apply object-oriented and other design concepts and principles, as well as business requirements, to the software development process.
- gather requirements and model, design, implement, optimize, and maintain data storage solutions.
- integrate network communications into software solutions by adhering to protocol standards.
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Computer Programming and Analysis Program Standards (MTCU 60503), November 2018.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.