Co-operative Education Pays. Earn while you learn.
Since 1982, the experience Sault College co-op students gain during work terms has played a vital role in the development and success of many of our graduates. Co-op students tend to be more successful in securing employment upon graduation. In fact, some are hired by their co-op employers.
Co-operative Education (Co-op) provides opportunities for you to learn beyond your classroom as you integrate relevant work
experiences into your academic studies. Co-op also lets you further develop life and employment skills while earning money.
You can also get a better idea of the career options available to you and build your network of contacts for future employment. Many employers prefer hiring co-op grads because of the applied learning they receive. We will prepare you for your summer work term and employment upon graduation.
Partners in Career Development & Training:
Students, co-op educators, faculty, and employers are partners in this educational process which integrates classroom study with paid on-the-job work experience. Co-op work terms bridge academic semesters with opportunities to apply knowledge and skills gained through studies. All Co-op work terms are considered formal academic experiences with defined learning objectives, academic direction and evaluation.
Goals of Co-operative Education:
- Provide opportunities for students to learn and apply job search skills.
- Enable students to develop a network of employer contacts.
- Expose students to the realities of the workplace in their chosen field.
- Provide quality work experience where students can apply their knowledge and skills.
- Assist employers by providing well-trained, enthusiastic Co-op students.
Culinary - Contact us
- Culinary Management
Engineering Technology and Skilled Trades - Contact Us
- Civil Engineering Technician
Natural Environment and Outdoor Studies - Contact Us
- Adventure Recreation and Parks Technician
- Fish & Wildlife Conservation Technician
- Forestry Technician - Conservation
- Natural Environment Technician – Conservation and Management
- Natural Environment Technologist – Conservation and Management
Contact Us for general inquiries
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.