Sault College Honours Graduates at its Fall Convocation
Today, friends, family and the Sault College community will join together to celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of Sault College’s newest graduates at its fall convocation ceremony. The fall convocation will honour graduates who completed studies over the summer semester. Today, we will welcome another 278 graduates to the Sault College alumni family!
“Convocation is a very special time of year not only for our students but also for our staff many of whom have followed these students along their academic journey,” said Dr. Ron Common, President, Sault College. “Today we will honour and celebrate our graduates for their commitment, hard work and perseverance. On behalf of Sault College, I congratulate each graduate on this great achievement and wish them all the best as they begin a new chapter.”
The ceremony will celebrate graduates from the following program areas:
- Business Management, Health Care Administration, Office Administration - Executive, Project Management, and Supply Chain Management programs
- Esthetician and Hairstyling programs
- Building and Maintenance Construction, Business Applications, Food Service Worker, French Language, Human Resources Practices, Legal Office Assistant, Occupational Health and Safety, and Office Assistant programs
- Mechanical Engineering Technician - Manufacturing and Mechanical Techniques - Machine Shop programs
- Practical Nursing, Personal Support Worker, and Pre-Health Sciences - Pathways to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees programs
- Police Foundations and Protection, Security and Investigation programs
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Technician program
The platform party guests, faculty and graduate procession will be led by Tyler Duncan, Lone Piper. The Obadjiwon Singers and the Enji-Maawnjiding Dancers will lead the graduates along with their families and friends to the Common Link where they will celebrate this special occasion with a reception immediately following the ceremony.
Today’s convocation ceremony will be live streamed on the College’s YouTube channel through the following link https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSaultCollege/videos.
Convocation ceremonies for graduates from Sault College’s Esthetician program in Kenora, Ontario and Hairstyling program in Fort Frances, Ontario will also take place this month.
Sault College congratulates all of today’s graduates and wishes them all the best as they embark on a new life journey.
About Sault College
The vision of Sault College is to provide a transformative life experience through empowering those who study with us to think and learn in progressive, innovative ways, including those we have not yet imagined. Sault College grants Ontario College certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, graduate certificates, and degrees to its graduates. The College is the largest deliverer of apprenticeship training in all of Northern Ontario. Sault College has a significant economic impact on the community, with spin-offs in excess of $158 million. Over $1.8 million dollars in scholarships, bursaries and awards are distributed annually to students at the College. Located on the border to the United States and situated in the middle of three of the largest Great Lakes on the planet, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabe, Sault College is one of 24 publicly-funded colleges in the province of Ontario.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.